Friday, March 29, 2013

Makankosappo... じゃなくない?



Apparently, there's a new fad amongst Japanese school girls (that will no doubt spread to the rest of the Japan and THE REST OF THE WORLD!... if we're lucky) where in they take pictures of themselves blasting away friends in a style that's inspired by a move the character Piccolo does in Dragon Ball Z, called Makankosappo (KATAKANA = マカンコサッポウ, KANJI = 魔貫光殺砲).

Okay, guys do it, too. But it's funnier when the girls do it. 

Why it's named after this move, I do not know as it looks nothing like the move being referenced. 

First, you have to cut off your arm, then shoot a large lazer beam from your other good arm. Come on Japanese school girls, where's your commitment?

In any case, it's a very cool trend and I look forward to many years of Makankosappo-inspired pictures. Or months. Or weeks. Or days. Wait, are they still taking pictures like these?






Here's what the actual move looks like in action!



SOURCES:
Naver
Critiques 4 Geeks
Danny Choo





          

1 comment:

  1. This is the type of thing that makes me wish I had more friends that were into cool shit like this. Well, this and when I want someone to hold the camera while I make my short films. This looks so damned fun I may have to do one by myself.

    ReplyDelete