Monday, March 11, 2013

Fukushima Disaster: 2nd anniversary of 3/11



It's been two years since the horrible tsunami and subsequent earthquake that rocked the prefecture of Fukushima, Japan.

I remember being at home laying in bed at 2 o'clock in the morning watching, in real time, on the news, a large wave coming onto the shores of Fukushima and destroying everything in its path. I was worried, as I have many friends in Japan, but the majority of them were not in the Fukushima area, so I was calmed by that knowledge. But I still felt for the people of that prefecture.

Later on, I realized that I did have a friend from that area who was there during the disaster, and for a while her whereabouts were unknown which left me a little more than just worried. But soon after, it was known that she was safe and my nerves were calmed. I've have seen her many times since, and I'm glad that she made it out of that ordeal ok.

I have another friend who lost a brother in the disaster though, and that was sad news indeed. Her plight can be seen on her website, Sumericatv.com.

Here's a video to a song made soon after the disaster sung by the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, Sambomaster, and three other musicians showing support for the region. I believe proceeds from the single went to disaster charities. It's called "I Love You & I Need You, Fukushima."


My heart still goes out to the victim's families.

日本、頑張り続けてな!


No comments:

Post a Comment